- N Chandrasekaran appointed as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Limited
Tata Global Beverages Ltd (TGBL) has appointed Tata Sons head N. Chandrasekaran as chairman with immediate effect. TGBL’s board in a meeting held in the day approved the appointment of N. Chandrasekaran as an additional director and as chairman of the board of the company in place of Mr. Harish Bhat who expressed a desire to step down as chairman.
The board has also appointed Siraj Azmat Chaudhry as non-executive independent director.
- Gowra Srinivas elected as FTAPCCI president
Gowra Srinivas, Chairman & Managing Director of Gowra Group of companies, has been unanimously elected as President of the Federation of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTAPCCI) for the year 2017-18. The chambers is in the process of celebrating its centenary year, which was launched by President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Arunachal pradesh celebrates dree festival with traditional ethics
The Dree Festival of Arunachal Pradesh is an agricultural festival celebrated with the traditional pomp & gaiety. It is the biggest festival of the Apatanis and celebrated with zest marked by sacrificial offerings and prayers.
The festival is marked by grand ritual and community feasts served with delicious rice/millet beer.
- 10th Session of the India- Jordan Trade and Economic Joint Committee (TEJC)
The 10TH India-Jordan Morocco Trade and Economic Joint Committee (TEJC) Meeting was held in New Delhi on 4th and 5th July 2017. The two countries emphasised the need for diversification of bilateral trade and deepening their engagements for greater cooperation in the investment sector.
During the TEJC meeting, the two sides also reaffirmed their mutual interest and discussed the roadmap for cooperation in various fields such as Fertilizer Sector, Customs, Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement, Visa and Consular issues, Health and Pharmaceuticals, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Maritime Transport, Rail Transport, and Air Transport, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, and Smart Grid development, Information Technology, Higher Education and Vocational Training, Agriculture sector etc.
- India ranks 23rd among 165 nations in cybersecurity index
India is ranked a high 23rd out of 165 nations in a global index that measures the commitment of nations across the world to cybersecurity.
India is ranked 23rd on the index with a score of 0.683 and has been listed in the “maturing” category, which refers to 77 countries that have developed complex commitments to cybersecurity and engage in cybersecurity programmes and initiatives. The index has been topped by Singapore with a 0.925 score.
- India, Israel ink 7 agreements
India and Israel have signed seven agreements to increase cooperation in key sectors like space, agriculture and water conservation after Prime Minister Narendra Modi held in-depth talks with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed for setting up of USD 40 million worth India-Israel Industrial Research and Development (R&D) and Technical Innovation Fund.
- MoU for the conservation of water in India.
- MoU on State Water Utility Reform in India India-Israel Development Cooperation- 3-year work program in Agriculture (2018-2020).
- Plan of cooperation regarding cooperationin atomic clocks.
- MoU regarding cooperation in GEO-LEO optical link.
- MoU regarding cooperation in electric propulsion for small satellites.
- Pankaj Advani-led india beat pakistan to win asian snooker championship
India’s leading cueist Pankaj Advani teamed up with Laxman Rawat to demolish Pakistan in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship. Advani drew first blood by putting on a sterling performance against Mohammad Bilal.
Advani remained the only player to not lose a single individual match in the team event. This title brings up Advani’s second Asian title this season and 8th overall (6 Billiards, 1 6-red and 1 Team Snooker) while it is a first for Rawat and Singh.
- India expresses interest to host FIFA U-20 world cup in 2019
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has submitted an expression of interest to host the Under-20 FIFA World Cup in 2019.
Preparing to organise the U-17 World Cup later this year, AIFF president Praful Patel has said this would be the next “logical step for the development of football in India”.
“With India hosting the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 this year in October, we feel hosting the U-20 World Cup would be the best way to sustain the footballing momentum in India.
- Sarfraz ahmed named pakistan’s test captain after ICC champions trophy win
Sarfraz Ahmed was elevated as the captain of Pakistan’s Test cricket team, following the retirement of Misbah-ul-Haq and their Champions Trophy win. Sarfraz is credited for a remarkable transformation which Pakistan went through after losing their opening match to India by a huge margin of 124 runs in the ICC Champions Trophy.
After such a big loss, Pakistan got their act together and under the stewardship of Sarfraz, they went on to win the tournament for the first time in their history.
- India beat SL to register 4th straight win in ICC Women’s WC
India’s women’s cricket team defeated Sri Lanka by 16 runs to claim its 4th straight win in the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017. Mithali Raj and Co thus recorded their fourth win on the trot as they defended a respectable 232/8 by restricting Sri Lanka to 216 for 7.
This was India’s 14th win in 2017, setting a new record for most wins in a year for the national women’s team. Notably, India have won 20 of their last 21 ODIs, including a 16-match winning streak.