Current Affairs Daily Digest – December 11 & 12 2021
Current Affairs Daily Digest – December 11 & 12 2021. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2021 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2021 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. India Skills Report 2022: Maharashtra Retains Top Position
According to the 9th edition of India Skills Report (ISR) 2022, released by Wheebox, Maharashtra has retained the top position in the list of states with the highest poll of employable talent followed by Uttar Pradesh and Kerala.
The theme of ISR 2022 – ‘Rebuilding and Reengineering the Future of Work’. India Skills Report is a full-fledged report about the future of work, education, and skilling to match the talent demand and supply in a growing India.
2. Federal Bank and Star Health Insurance tie-up for bancassurance
Federal Bank has entered into a Bancassurance partnership with Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd as a corporate agent to provide health insurance products for the Bank’s 8.90 million customers across India.
The Bank’s customers can avail benefits of Star Health’s retail products and group affinity products through the bank’s various distribution channels which help the customers to address their complete financial needs under one roof.
3. Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women 2021 announced
Fortune India released the list of most powerful women in India 2021 in which Union Minister, Ministry of Finance & Ministry of Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman ranked 1st. She is followed by Reliance Foundation Chairperson and Goodwill Ambassador Nita Ambani in 2nd position, and Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization (WHO) at 3rd.
4. Balkrishna Doshi Awarded 2022 RIBA Royal Gold Medal for Architecture
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has announced that Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi will be the recipient of the 2022 Royal Gold Medal.
The distinction, approved by Her Majesty The Queen and awarded each year since 1848, is given to architects or practices in recognition of a lifetime’s work and the impact on the evolution of the field and the built environment.
5. Airtel, Invest India launch ‘Startup Innovation Challenge’
Bharti Airtel and Invest India, National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency jointly launched ‘Airtel India Startup Innovation Challenge’ for Startups to develop solutions in 5G, IoT.
Under the Startup Innovation Challenge, early-stage technology companies are being invited to demonstrate differentiated solutions in areas such as 5G, Cloud computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), and digital entertainment.
6. India won 41 medals at Asian Youth Para Games 2021
India claimed 41 medals (12 Gold, 15 Silver, 14 Bronze) at the 4th Asian Youth Para Games (AYPG), Asia’s biggest event held at Riffa city, Bahrain. The event is organized by the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) of Bahrain with the support of the local government.
Over 700 athletes from around 30 countries participated in the event from 2ndto 6th December 2021. The 5th edition of the Asian Youth Para Games 2025 will be hosted by Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
7. Haiderpur wetland in Uttar Pradesh recognised as Ramsar Site
The Haiderpur Wetland abutting the Madhya Ganga barrage, about 10 km from Bijnor in western Uttar Pradesh, has been recognised under the 1971 Ramsar Convention on Wetlands.
Uttar Pradesh is now home to 9 Ramsar wetlands. The wetland has also been identified under Namami Gange, a central flagship, as a model wetland along the Ganga. With this, there are now a total of 47 such designated areas in the country.
8. International Mountain Day observed on 11 December
International Mountain Day is observed globally on December 11 every year. The day is celebrated to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life, to highlight the opportunities and constraints in mountain development and to build alliances that will bring positive change to mountain peoples and environments around the world.
The theme of this year’s International Mountain Day (IMD) on 11 December will be sustainable mountain tourism.
9. Catherine Russell to head UNICEF
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Catherine Russell as the head of UN children’s agency UNICEF. Catherine Russell is an assistant to US President Joe Biden.
She also heads the White House Office of Presidential Personnel. From 2013-2017, she has also served as the State Department’s ambassador-at-large, for global women’s issues.
10. Senior Womens National Football Championship Won By Manipur
Manipur successfully fended their Senior Women’s National Football Championship crown after a dramatic penalty shootout altered Railways within the final at the EMS Stadium in Kozhikode, Kerala, on 9 December.
They made it to the National senior women’s championship final for the 24th time in 25 editions. After a scarcity of goal-scoring chances in regulation and additional time, the match visited penalties at a score of 0-0.
11. IMD World Competitive Centres World Talent Ranking Report
The Ranking is structured to support three factors – Investment and development, Appeal and Readiness, and Readiness of skilled labour.
- In the report, Europe has dominated the Ranking in 2021. Global top 10 countries are from this region.
- Switzerland has retained its top spot. The UAE continues to improve its global talent ranking.
- The Ranking has improved from one position to the 23rd. In 2019, it was ranked 30th.
- In the Arab world, UAE maintained its top position. In the Middle East & North Africa, UAE maintained its second position, following Israel (first during this region).
- Israel has been ranked 22nd. Taiwan has been ranked third place in Asia while at 16th place overall.
- Its Ranking has improved by four places as compared to 2020.
- In Asia, Taiwan has been ranked behind Hong Kong (11) and Singapore (12) but before South Korea (34), China (36), and Japan (39).
- The UAE has been ranked first in sub-indexes of Readiness of skilled labour, student mobility inbound, competent senior managers and appeal for zero income tax.
12. Verstappen overtakes Hamilton on last lap to win his maiden F1 world championship title
Red Bull’s 24-year-old Dutch driver Max Verstappen won Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the last race of the season, to win the Formula One 2021 world championship.
This is the 24-year-old’s maiden world championship title. Seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton, who led for almost all of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, was overtaken by Verstappen on the last lap.