Current Affairs Daily Digest – December 10 2021
Current Affairs Daily Digest – December 10 2021. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2021 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. UP cabinet approves Atma Nirbhar Krishak development scheme
vUttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved the Atma Nirbhar Krishak development scheme for boosting the agriculture sector. Atma Nirbhar Krishak development scheme will be implemented from the current financial year. Under this scheme, 1,475 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) will be formed in the next three years in each development block.
2. Paytm Payments Bank receives scheduled bank status from RBI
Paytm Payments Bank has been given the scheduled bank status by the Reserve Bank of India. The bank has been included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and the approval will help it to bring more financial services and products. The bank supports 33.3 crore Paytm Wallets and enables consumers to make payments at over 87,000 online merchants and 2.11 crore in-store merchants.
3. Sanket Mahadev Sargar won gold in Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021
Sanket Mahadev Sargar won the gold medal in Men’s 55 kg snatch category at the ongoing Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021. He created the national record by lifting 113kg in the men’s 55kg snatch category. Sargar has also qualified for the upcoming 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
4. Indian origin Anil Menon is SpaceX’s first flight surgeon
Nasa-turned-SpaceX flight surgeon, Anil Menon is among the 10 latest trainee astronauts who will join the 2021 class of the American space agency as it plans for the first human missions to the moon in more than 50 years. He is born to Indian and Ukrainian parents and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Menon is a lieutenant colonel in the US air force.
5. SBI signed MoU with Kendriya Sainik Board
State Bank of India (SBI) has signed an MoU with Kendriya Sainik Board to support and educate the children of war veterans, ex-servicemen, and war widows. India’s largest bank said it will provide a grant of ₹ 1,000 per month to 8,333 war veterans’. The bank has contributed ₹ 10 crores to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund. The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated on December 7.
6. Human Rights Day: 10 December 2021
Human Rights Day is celebrated on 10 December annually across the world. This Day came into existence on December 10, 1948, when the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was adopted by the United Nations. This day is observed every year across the world, as it empowers us all. The day also acknowledges the advocates and defenders of human rights around the world.
The theme for Human Rights Day 2021 is “EQUALITY – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights.
7. DRDO test-fired air version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
India successfully test-fired the air version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the integrated test range of Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha. The air version of the missile was test-fired from supersonic fighter aircraft Sukhoi 30 MK-I.
BrahMos is a joint venture between DRDO (India) and NPO Mashinostroyeniya (Russia) for the development, production, and marketing of the supersonic cruise missile which has been inducted into the Indian Armed Forces.
8. World Inequality Report 2022 announced
France-based World Inequality Lab published its report titled “World Inequality Report 2022”. This report was authored by Lucas Chancel, who is the co-director of World Inequality Lab. It was coordinated by famed French economist Thomas Piketty.
9. ”Canada, Australia and UK join US boycott of Beijing Olympic
Canada will join the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics over human rights concerns.
The announcement came after the White House, the Australian government and the UK government confirmed diplomatic boycotts of the Winter Games in February to protest Chinese human rights abuses. China has vowed to react with “firm countermeasures.”
10. International Solar Alliance receives Observer Status from UN General Assembly
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has granted Observer Status to the International Solar Alliance. The news was announced by India’s Permanent Ambassador to the UN, T S Tirumurti on December 9, 2021.
He also termed it as a historic decision and said that the International Solar Alliance has become an example of positive global climate action through partnerships benefitting global energy growth and development.
11. IIHB Annual Survey
Chairman of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani, and his wife Nita Ambani have topped the list of power couples according To the Indian Institute of Human Brands IIHB Survey.
- Ambani power-couple conducted the field on dynamic, successful, innovative, unique, prestigious, progressive, and traditional features.
- Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were indexed at Number 2 for best on characteristics like fun, charming, distinctive, different, and made for each other.
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma occupied third place on high quality, outdoorsy, authentic, and best brands.
- This result was drafted after covering a sample size of 1,362 responses aged between 25-40 years.
- IIHB incorporated business couples into the list for the first time this year.
12. Only 56% Of Funds Utilized By States In Last 3 Years For The Nutrition Mission
State Governments and Union Territories have utilized only 56% of the total budgets released under Poshan Abhiyan or Nutrition Mission in the earlier 3 years.
Five States & UTs With Lowest Use:
- Arunachal Pradesh (25.14%)
- Puducherry (28.03%)
- Ladakh (31.2%)
- Punjab (33.62%) and
- Uttar Pradesh (33.73%).
Five States & UTs With Highest Use:
- Nagaland (98.34%)
- Meghalaya (98.14%)
- Mizoram (94.22%)
- Sikkim (93.13%) and
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli (88.2%).