1. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
d) identity theft
2. A process known as ____________ is used by large retailers to study trends.
a) data mining
b) data selection
d) data conversion
3. ____________terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
b) Point-of-sale (POS)
4. A(n) ____________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an items tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
d) data mining
5. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminals computer is an example of a law enforcement specialty called:
c) computer forensics.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
a) gathering data
b) processing data into information
c) analyzing the data or information
d) storing the data or information
7. ____________ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animals movements.
8. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating devices through computers instead of manually. This technology is known as:
b) computer forensics
9. Technology no longer protected by copyright, available to everyone, is considered to be:
d) in the public domain
10. ____________ is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 nanometers.
c) Computer forensics
d) Artificial intelligence