1. POS data-entry system is used extensively by?
a) Banking industry
b) Grocery industry
c) Railroad industry
d) Word-processing industry
2. The process of putting data into a storage location is called?
d) hand shaking
3. The process of copying data from a memory location is called?
4. A list of instructions used by a computer is called?
5. The CPU consists of?
a) input, output and processing
b) control unit, primary storage and secondary storage
c) Control unit; arithmetic logic unit and primary storage
d) input, processing and storage
6. The following are basic types of recordaccess methods?
a) Sequential and random
b) Direct and immediate
c) Sequential and indexed
d) On-line and real-time
7. Which of the following is input/output device?
b) Punched cards
c) Optical scanners
d) All the above
8. Software instruction intended to satisfy a user’s specific processing needs are called?
a) system software
b) process software
d) application software
9. The computer device primarily used to provide hardcopy is the?
b) line printer
c) computer console
d) card reader
10. Which one of the following can produce the final product of machine processing in a form usable by humans?
c) input device
d) output device