1. What type of control pins are needed in a microprocessor to regulate traffic on the bus, in order to prevent two devices from trying to use it at the same time?
a) Bus control
c) Bus arbitration
Correct Answer: c
2. Most important advantage of an IC is its?
a) Easy replacement in case of circuit failure
b) Extremely high reliability
c) Reduced cost
d) Low powers consumption
3. In the third Generation of computers?
a) Distributed data processing first became popular
b) An operating system was first developed
c) High level procedural language were first used
d) Online real time systems first become popular
4. In 1830, Charles Babbage designed a machine called the analytical engine, which he showed at the parts exhibition. In which year was it exhibited?
5. When did IBM introduced the 80286 based PC/AT?
6. One computer that is not considered a portable computer is?
b) A laptop computer
c) Mini computer
d) All of the above
7. Which of the following is not a primary storage device?
a) Magnetic tape
b) Magnetic disk
c) Optical disk
d) None of the above
8. The octal equivalence of 111010 is?
d) None of above
9. Offline device is?
a) A device which is not connected to CPU
b) A device which is connected to CPU
c) A direct access storage device
d) An I/O device
10. Which of the following registers is used to keep track of address of the memory location where the next instruction is located?
a) Memory address register
b) Memory data register
c) Instruction register
d) Program counter