Welcome to D2G’s English Quiz. It’s a scoring section if your stong in basic grammar and D2G has provided you basics of English under English section. Do read it.
Do share this with your friends!!
- Large tracts of land in the suburbs have seen a real estate boom.
- Even the Housing Board implements such projects, and planning authorities approve them routinely.
- None should have been surprised by water flowing into such areas, creating islands out of apartment complexes and making whole colonies resemble fields under irrigation.
- A big factor behind the flooding is the rampant construction of buildings on water bodies, wetlands and areas that were originally floodplains.
- Such disasters could have been prevented through planning, curbs on occupation of water bodies, and pre-monsoon desilting of drains and water channels.
- There is a good deal of official patronage for the establishment of habitations on lakes and ponds.
He was a charismatic leader, an entrepreneur and a highly effective manager all rolled into one. As a leader, he __(1)___ the company’s growth plan in a dedicated manner and he never ____(2)_____ focus. The cement industry in those days was doing badly ____(3)____ to everyone’s expectations he sanctioned an additional plant in _____(4)_____ time. He was ____(5)_____ that since the cement industry was cyclic in nature.