Cisco has signed an MoU with the Andhra Pradesh government to set up an Internet of Everything (IoE) Innovation center in Visakhapatnam. The center will enable the company’s partners and startups to build IoT solutions and carry out rapid prototyping of products.
- Other than this, Cisco will also invest in developing a Technology center of Excellence and a research lab in the Institute of Digital Technology at Tirupati, which will focus on smart cities, digital security and manufacturing solutions.
- Cisco will also collaborate with Andhra University in Vizag for a 12 month research program that will identify and help develop and customize various technological solutions for rural Andhra Pradesh.
- In addition to this, Cisco will also expand its Cisco Networking Academy to 70 colleges, with the goal of training 10,000 new students in the state.
- Earlier this month, the Andhra Pradesh government’s cabinet approved the Internet of Things (IoT) policy for the state for 2016- 2020.
- In September 2014, Cisco and the engineering services arm of Larsen & Toubro, L&T Technology Services tied-up to set up an Internet of Everything (IoE) solutions centre in Bangalore, targeting the transport and mass transit industries.
- Last month, Cisco acquired the IoT services platform provider Jasper for $1.4 billion. Jasper provides an IoT services platform and a ‘Control Centre’ software to manage these services.