1. POS is the acronym used in banking. It means ?
a) Point of Sales Terminal
b) Personal Omission Script
c) Pending Off Sales
d) Pointed Open Sales
e) Post Office Sales
2. NIM Stands for?
a) Net Interest Minimum
b) Not Interest Margin
c) Net Internal Margin
d) Net Interest Margin
e) Net Interest Module
3. Ways and Means is the load of Advances provided by the RBI to ?
a) Central Government
c) State Government
4. The SSI said there must not be two regulators on home loans. One regulator is Reserve Bank of India and another one is
5. Loan given for undertaking repairs, renovations and / or up gradation is called ?
a) Home Damage Loan
b) Home Improvement Loan
c) Home Custody Loan
d) Home Consumption Loan
e) All of above
6. Which Bank in India opened India’ s first offshore banking Unit ?
e) Bank of Baroda
7. ___________ promoted Securities Trading Corporation of India Limited (STCI) jointly with the Public sector banks ?
8. Ballon Loan means ?
a) a loan offered at highest rate of interest for consumer loans
b) a loan which does not fully amortize over its term
c) loan offered to joint borrowers only
d) loan offered to the Large scale industries
e) None of these
9. India’ s First Dedicated Education Loan Company CREDILA is the associate body of ?
b) Andhra Bank
c) United Bank of India
10. CER was established to prevent frauds in loan cases involving multiple leading from different banks on the same immovable property. CER means ?
a) Central Electronic Recognition
b) Central Ethics Registry
c) Central Electronic Registry
d) Central Election Registry
e) Central Entry Registry
11. Soft loan characteristic feature is ?
a) Short period and more rate of interest
b) Long period and more rate of interest
c) Long period, More rate of interest with grace period
d) Long period, Less rate of interest with grace periods
e) Long period, more rate of interest with no grace periods
12.”Loan Servicing” means ?
a) Lending the money
b) A mortgage bank or sub servicing firm collects the timely payments of interest an principal from borrowers
c) Helping the customer to get loan in other banks by providing the details of the running account
d) Giving a loan if the customer has any deposit
e) Giving second loan after payment of first loan regularly
13. Who introduced the concept of Microfinance in Bangladesh in the form of the “Grameen Bank”. He is the Nobel laureate known by many as the “Father of Micro finance Systems” ?
a) C. D. Deshmukh
b) Amartya Sen
c) Muhammad Yunus
d) Sheik Haseena
e) Muzibaer Rahman
14. When any asset ceases to generate income for the bank, It is called ?
a) Official Asset
b) Non-good Asset
c) Non-Performing Asset
d) Non-Commitment Asset
e) None of these
15. In a news paper it is read that “Higher Provisioning erodes public sector banks’ profit”. Here “Provisioning” relates to ?
a) Daily Expenses
b) Cost to erect ATMs
c) Conducting exams to recruit new personal
d) Bad Loans
e) Establish new branches