Constitution Day in India is celebrated every year on 26th of November as the constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 26th of November in the year 1949 and came into force on 26th of January in 1950. Dr. Ambedkar is the Father of Constitution of India.
After the independence of India Dr. Ambedkar was invited by the Congress government to serve as a first law minister of the India. He was appointed as the Constitution Drafting Committee’s Chairman on 29th of August. He was the chief architect of the Indian constitution and known for the strong and united India.
Some of the following characteristics of the Indian constitution are:
- It is written and broad
- It has the democratic government – Elected Members
- Fundamental rights
- Liberty of judiciary, travel, live, speech, religion, education
- Single Nationality
- Indian constitution is both flexible and non-flexible
- Obliteration of caste system at the National level
- Common civil code and official languages
- Center is similar to a Buddhist ‘Ganrajya’
- Impact of Buddha and Buddhist rituals
- Since the Indian constitution came into act, the females in India got right to vote.
- Various countries all over the world have followed the Indian Constitution.
- One of the neighbor countries, Bhutan has also accepted the Indian Democratic system.
Why Do We Celebrate Constitution Day?
Constitution Day or Samvidhan Divas in India is an officially celebrating event which is celebrated every year on 26th of November to honor and remember the father of Constitution, Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. People in India remember their history and celebrate independence and peace every year after launching the own constitution of India.