‘Magical Piano’, a short film by the Toonz Media Group has won an award at the prestigious UNESCO Salon Youth Video Competition 2016.
- In an event held in Marrakech, Morocco at the iconic COP 22 Green Zone in the UNESCO Pavilion on November 14, Salon Films Chairman Fred Wang and ArmelleArrou, Chief of Public Relations and Partnerships, UNESCO handed over the award.
- ‘Magical Piano’ was created in association with the Toonz-Disney collaborative venture ‘Kahaani Masters’; a story-writing contest organised to find out the finest story masters in the country.
- ‘Magical Piano’ is the story of a child who receives a magical piano for his birthday. Using the magic of music, the kid goes own to clean the whole planet and then the whole universe, making it a cleaner and happy place to live.
- This unique story was written by Mayul Verma, an upper primary student from Agra, India.
- The Salon Youth Video Competition was established by Salon Films, with the support of UNESCO, to promote and encourage the next generation to take part in the biggest challenge of the 21st century, sustainable development.