1. Which of the following is NOT included as a basic idea in the definition of marketing concepts?
a) Total company effort
d) Customer satisfaction
2. Marketing is either a set of activities performed by organizations, or a social process, but NOT both?
3. In measuring macro-marketing effectiveness, one basic issue is that satisfaction depends on and is _______your level of aspiration or expectation?
a) Determined by
b) Influenced by
c) Relative to
d) All of the above
4. As a point of view, macro-marketing ________ cost too much; Also as a point of view, micro-marketing does cost too much, given the present objective of the American economy – customer satisfaction?
b) Does not
5. Advertising is the least criticized of all micro-marketing activities?
6. Good marketing strategy planning needs to focus on a specific target market and a _____________ to meet its needs?
a) Marketing mix
b) Specific product
c) Specific customer
d) Profit objective
7. Whether a marketer is operating in his or her own country or in a foreign nation, the legal environment sets the _______standards of ethical behavior expected in that society?
d) Least important
8. Which of the following is NOT a reason for marketing inefficiencies?
a) Lack of interest in or understanding of the sometimes fickle customer
b) Improper blending of the four P’s
c) Lack of understanding or adjustment to the marketing environment
d) A firm “listens to the customer” so that benefits exceed costs
9. Reductions from list price given by a seller to buyers who either give up some marketing function or provide the function themselves is known as ?
a) Sales price
10. Communicating information between sellers and potential buyers or others in the channel to influence attitudes and behavior is called ?