Consumers will be able to buy genuine khadi products online from an e-commerce portal to be launched by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). Trying to encash on fast-growing e-commerce sector and increasing demand for khadi products in the country, the KVIC has submitted a proposal to launch its online portal to the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- Next month it will be launched. We have completed all the work related with it such as preparation of the rate chart, photographs of products, godown, courier agreement and payment channels
- The commission is also in the process of distributing 16 franchises in states including national capital region, Goa and Maharashtra.
KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES COMMISSION (KVIC).
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body formed by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956‘.
- It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, with regard to khadi and village industries within India, which seeks to – “plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.
- KVIC Chairman is VK Saxena.