Kerala government decided to hand over 70 acres of land at zero cost in Palakkad district for setting up the permanent campus of Indian Institute of Technology. A cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan decided to assign 70.02 acres at Pithiest west village in the district.
The land would be given free of cost for the IIT, which is now functioning in a temporary campus.
- The cabinet also decided to stop all revenue recovery proceedings on loans taken by farmers from various financial institutions till May 31, 2017.
- The cabinet also issued notification for the formation of the Kerala Devaswom Recruitment Board, a common recruitment board for appointments in Devaswom Boards, which manage a majority of Hindu shrines and aided institutions.
M Rajagopalan Nair would be the chairperson and G S Shylamani and P C Raveendranath the members of the Board.
Kerala – The God’s Own Country is socially the most advanced state in India. Kerala is the land of beauty with the long beaches, rivers with charming mountains. The health care system is highly advanced. Modern hospitals here match facilities available in developed countries.Everyone is literate here and most are High School educated.
Wildlife Sanctuaries (WLS)
- Aralam WLS
- Chimmony WLS
- Chinnar WLS
- Chulannur Peafowl WLS
- Idukki WLS
- Kottiyoor WLS
- Kurinjimala WLS
- Malabar WLS
- Anamudi Shola National Park
- Eravikulam National Park
- Mathikettan Shola National Park
- Pambadum Shola National Park
- Periyar National Park
- Silent Valley National Park
Bio Sphere Reserves
- Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve
- Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve