India International Science Festival (IISF-2016) inaugurated in New Delhi. India has achieved a pre-eminent position in the field of Science & Technology, Space, Atomic Energy, Information Technology and newly emerging technologies such as Nano Technology and Bio Technology. The India International Science Festival (IISF-2016) the largest festival of science in this country with its focus on” Science for the Masses”.
- IISF-2016 is being held at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus, New Delhi during 7-11 December, 2016.
- The event will be formally inaugurated by the Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh on 8th December 2016.
- India International Science Festival (IISF) as a major science event was conceptualized last year which was organized the 1st IISF at IIT, Delhi during 4-8 December, 2015 and was visited by more than 4 lakh people.
- It was a great success and also won the distinction of Guinness Book of World Record for successful conduct of Largest Practical Science Lesson by 2000 school students.
- The IISF-2016 aims to encourage and develop scientific temper and attitude, promote exchange of knowledge and ideas among young minds including showcasing of recent developments and contributions of India in science and technology involving all our scientific departments.
- I ISF-2016 is expecting a large number of visitors (more than 5 lakh) from all walks of life to experience the festival of science and to interact with Indian scientific community.