India International Science festival 2016 will be held from 7th to 11th of this month in New Delhi. Briefing reporters about the upcoming event Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Harsh Vardhan has 5 nominated students from every Adarsh gram would travel to Delhi to participate in this festival.
- The festival being organized by ministries of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati(VIBHA) will be inaugurated by Home minister Rajnath Singh on 8th of December.
- The theme of the science festival is science for the masses. The minister said, more than 5000 young Indian scientists would be showcasing their scientific work to the public during the festival.
- The series of India International Science Festival (IISF) is an integral part of India’s long term vision in developing and widening the spectrum of scientific temper in India and abroad.
- To display India’s contribution in the field of S&T and to motivate the young scientists to find solutions to the burning issues of our society.
- IISF – 2016 would provide an effective platform for the scientific interaction and have targets to involve and include commoners with a view to improve their scientific understanding, knowledge and temperament for these initiatives and appreciation for various feats in science & technology.
IISF – 2016 also has targets to showcase innovative practices among the youth and achievements by Indian science & technology system.