FactTTrivia is all about FACTS & TRIVIA. This Post deals with Facts About Jharkhand
Government of Jharkhand
- Capital : Ranchi
- Chief Minister : Raghubar Das
- Governor : Syed Ahmed
- Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court: Justice Pradip Kumar Mohanty (Acting post)
State symbols of Jharkhand
- Date of formation: 15. Nov. 2000
- Languages: Hindi, Urdu, Santhali
- State animal: Elephant
- State bird: Asian koel
- State flower: Palash
- State tree: Sal
- Major crops: Paddy, wheat, maize
National parks and wildlife sanctuaries
- Betla (Palmau) National Park
- Hazaribagh Wildlife Sanctuary
Major dance and music forms
- Agni and Jhumar dances
Famous places in Jharkhand
Baidyanath Jyotirlinga, Deoghar – is also known as Baba dham and Baidyanath dham is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva There are 22 temples in the campus of different Gods and Goddesses and Shravan Mela during the holy month of Shravan celebrate here every year.
Jubilee Park of Jamshedpur is one of the major attractions for tourists all across the state. The Park is spread at 200 acre and has a zoo, amusement park, garden and fountains.
Shikharji Mountain Peak, Giridih Shikharji is the highest mountain of the Parasnath Range in Giridih district of Jharkhand and a famous Jain pilgrimage site with many Jain Temples.
Maithon Dam is one of the top 10 tallest dam in India and first of its kind in the whole of South East Asia with underground power station,designed for flood control on the Barakar River near Dhanbad. The biggest reservoir in Damodar Valley has unique underground power station, spread over an area of 65 square kilometres.
Rock Garden of Ranchi is situated at a distance of about 4 kms from Ranchi town. Ranchi Rock Garden is one of the top 5 fabulous rock gardens of India.
Naulakha Temple of Deoghar after Baidyanath Jyotirlinga temple,situated 1.5 km away from the Baba Baidyanath Temple. This temple is similar in architecture to the temple of Ramakrishna in Belur Math and the construction cost around 9 lakhs, hence known as the Naulakha Temple.
The Hundru waterfall in Ranchi is the 34th highest waterfall in India with total height of 98 metres (322 ft). Hundru Falls is created by Subarnarekha River and the fall is one of the highest water falls in the state of Jharkhand.
Tata Steel Zoological Park also known as Tata Zoo is situated near the area of Jubilee Park and known for number of wild animals. Tata Zoo and Ranchi Zoo are two most famous wild animal parks in Jharkhand.
Betla National Park is located in the Chota Nagpur Plateau in Latehar district and home to a wide variety of wild life. Protected area of Betla Park was one of the first wildlife parks to become a tiger reserve under Project Tiger in India.
Famous Personalities from Jharkhand
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – The famous cricketer and captain of Indian team in ODIs was born in Ranchi.
- Meenakshi Sheshadri – Popular actress of hindi films and winner of Miss India in year 1981 was born in Sindri.
- Priyanka Chopra – Famous bollywood actress and winner of Miss World title in year 2000 was born in Jamshedpur.
- Tanushree Dutta – Famous Bollywood actress and winner of Miss India title in year 2004 was born in Jamshedpur.
- Famous politicians like Subodh Kant Sahay, Arjun Munda, Shibu Soren, Madhu Koda, Raghuvar Das were born in Jharkhand (the then Bihar State).
Facts About Jharkhand
- Jharkhand is the 28th state of Indian union which came to existence on 15 Nov, 2000.
- Jharkhand shares its border with 5 states – Bihar in north, Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in West, Odisha in south and West Bengal in east.
- Jharkhand, famously known as ‘The Land of Forests’ is an ultimate destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- The literal meaning of the Jharkhand is Land of bushes, Jungles (Jhari – Bushes)
- Most of the state lies on Chhota Nagpur Plateau which is the source of Koel, Damodar, Brahmani and Subarnrekha rivers.
- Dhanbad is also known as India’s coal capital.
- Industrial city Ranchi is the capital and Dumka is sub capital city. Jamshedpur is the largest and biggest industrial city.
- Jamshedpur is the first planned industrial city of East Singhbhoom district.
- Jamshedpur city along with Tata Steel Plant was established in year 1907 by Jamshetji Tata. Tata Steel Ltd which was formerly known as Tata Iron and Steel Company Ltd (TISCO) is the first private Iron and Steel company of India.
- Tata Motors Ltd formerly name as Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO) is also located in Jamshedpur.
- Presently Tata Steel is the second largest Iron and Steel company of India (first is JSW Steel, year 2016) and it was also ranked 11th Iron and Steel company of the world in year 2013.
- Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) is another important iron and steel company located in Bokaro district and got established in year 1964 as Limited company. It was later merged with SAIL.
- Some other important Iron and Steel companies of Jharkhand are Bihar Sponge Iron Ltd of Chandil, MECON Ltd Ranchi, Hindustan Malleables & Forgings Ltd Dhanbad, JAMIPOL (joint venture of Tata Steel and SKW Stahl, Germany), Usha Martin Jamshedpur.
- The state is rich in mineral resources such as iron ore, coal, mica, limestone, graphite, asbestos, dolomite etc. and accounts for 40 % of total mineral resources of India.
- This state is tribal dominated region with 28 % of people are tribal and 12 % belong to scheduled Cast. The main tribes of this state are Santhal, Oraon, Munda, Ho, Kharia, Bhumji etc.
- Hinduism is the main religion of state with 68.6 % hindus, 14.5 % of Muslim and about 4.5 % are Christians.
- Main festivals enclude Karam festival which is quite popular among Oraon tribe. Other festivals include Vat Savitri and Teej.
- Deoghar is the ancient city of Jharkhand known for its temples.
- Baidyanath Dham which is one of twelve famous Shiva Jyotirlings is located in Deoghar district.
- Besides the main Baidynath temple there are 21 other different temples also located in the campus depicting different hindu Gods and Goddesses.
Trivia About Jharkhand
1. What is the capital of Jharkhand?
2. What is the first private Iron and Steel company of India Situated in Jharkhand?
3. Famous Cricketer who is Belongs to Jharkhand ____________
4. Which city of Jharkhand is the first planned industrial city?
5. Jharkhand, famously known as