Human Rights Day is commemorated every year all over the world on 10th of December. It was first announced to be celebrated every year by the United Nations General Assembly on 10th of December in the year 1948. It is celebrated at this particular date annually to honor the United Nations General Assembly for declaring the human rights universally. Human rights day was officially established in the meeting of United Nations General Assembly on 4th of December in 1950.
The High Commissioner office of the Human Rights was awarded by the Guinness World Record for the collection, translation (around 380 languages) and distribution of the worldwide announcement of the Human Rights
Theme of Human Rights Day 2016
- Stand up for someone’s rights today
Objectives of Human Rights Day
Some of the important reasons of why do we celebrate and objectives are:
- To promote the awareness about human rights among the people all around the world.
- To emphasize the endeavors of the United Nations General Assembly in order to progress the overall human rights conditions.
- To get together and celebrate in cooperation to discuss and highlight the specific issues of the human rights.
- To encourage the vulnerable group of people like women, minorities, youth, poor, disabled person, indigenous people and etc to take part in this event celebration and political decision-making.