Current Affairs Quiz
1. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has appointed ___________as the new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Director of its mortgage loan arm and listed entity LIC Housing Finance
a) Anil Sharma
b) Ajay Mishra
c) Dinesh Kumar
d) Vinay Shah
2. World Heritage Day was observed on?
a) April 16
b) April 17
c) April 18
d) April 19
3. Which state government will sign a reworked MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited -HPCL for the Rs 43,129 crore Barmer refineries?
4. Which state has decided to provide pension to former circus artistes in the state?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andra Pradesh
5. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has inked a supervisory cooperation pact with the Royal Monetary Authority of __________for information sharing
6. Which country abolished the 457 visa programme which used by nearly 1 lakh temporary foreign workers, a majority of them Indians?
7. Which e-commerce company has acquired Bengaluru-based InLogg for an undisclosed amount?
8. The Cabinet decided to ban the use of red beacons on the vehicles of government officials, starting from ___________
a) May 01
b) June 01
c) July 01
d) August 01
9. Indian Navy’s indigenously designed guided missile destroyer “INS Chennai” was formally dedicated to the city ____________
10. Rodrigo Duterte has won Time magazine’s readers’ poll of the 100 most influential people in the world, He was the president of _______________
11. Uttar Pradesh Government renamed the Agra and Gorakhpur airports in the Cabinet meet, who is the governor of Uttar Pradesh?
a) Keshari Nath Tripathi
b) Ram Nath Kovind
c) Acharya Dev Vrat
d) Ram Naik
12. President Pranab Mukherjee has given his approval to a Parliamentary panel’s recommendation to make Hindi compulsory till Class ____ in CBSE-affiliated schools and Kendriya Vidyalayas
13. The Union Cabinet has approved signing of the protocol amending the convention between India and _________ for avoidance of double taxation
14. ____________ Government has introduced the Social Security Yojana by converging five separate beneficiary schemes for workers in the unorganised sectors and for self-employed people
b) West Bengal
d) Madya pradesh
15. Who became the first player to score 10,000 runs in T20 cricket?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Suresh Raina
c) AB De Villiers
d) Chris Gayle
16. Who became the first-ever player to score 100 goals in the UEFA Champions League?
b) Cristiano Ronaldo
c) Lionel Messi
d) James Rodríguez
17. Devineni Nehru (Rajasekhar) who passed away recently, he was a politician of _________state
a) Andra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu